SARAH BULL, LARA GOULD, KATIE NICHOLL and SARAH FITZMAURICE, Mail Online
Submitted by: Editor
Petra Ecclestone: I’m Not Spoiled. I’m Privileged.
The wealthiest heiress in the world next to her sister Tamara and daughter of Formula 1 racing kingpin Bernie Ecclestone, 22 year-old Petra redefines useless as the most outrageously spoiled and out-of-touch golden spoon plutocrat to grace the planet in nearly a millenia. Her wanton obliviousness puts Paris Hilton to shame (and we have no doubt that Paris was taking notes at the wedding).
80 year-old Bernie's massive hangover included:
- £1.5 million - Black eyed Peas
- £600,000 - Alicia Keys
- £500,000 David Guetta, DJ
- £310,000 Odescalchi Castle
- £250,000 Gifts for wedding party
- £150,000 Andrea Bocelli
- £140,000 Alain Ducasse
- £250,000 Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- £150,000 Food
- £140,000 Hiring all 122 rooms for guests at Rome's Hotel De Russe
- £800,000 Vintage Wines
- £80,000 Vera Wang wedding dress
- £100,000 Bridesmaids gowns
- £100,000 Fireworks
- £400,000 Security and wedding planner
The festivities included $6,500 bottles of Chateau Petrus, vintage Louis Roederer Cristal champagne, acrobats suspended from hot air balloons, Eric Clapton, and a finale of fireworks. The parallels between the lavish extravagances of the Roman Empire and this stratispheric display of tackiness and obscene wealth cannot be mistaken.
We have reentered Rome. If I recall correctly, it fell once.
We'd like to know, how would you define a "socialite"?